We are certain that you are aware that COVID-19 has had a devastating effect on many businesses and all facets of life in Trinidad and Tobago and around the world. We know that you are struggling just like the rest of us in trying to survive this crisis.
The Little Carib Theatre and Folk House, a performing arts institution founded by the legendary Beryl McBurnie and one of national importance since 1948, has not been able to open its doors for the last seven (7) months. This has completely erased our opportunities to earn revenue and so meet our basic operating costs.
As one of the oldest establishments in the country with several pioneering performing arts achievements under its belt, we are trying to find ways to keep this institution alive in an industry that has been one of the hardest hit worldwide.
We recently opened, but still have many arrears. Arrears notwithstanding, we're offering special discounted rates to the theatre community for the moment because we know that most everyone in the arts is feeling the pain of income loss. But bills have to be paid.
We would be incredibly grateful if you would consider donating to our cause, to keep the spirit of Beryl and Little Carib Theatre alive, and to help our performing artists to shine once more. REWARDS: (prices are in TTD$)
- $100-$249 - 2 Little Carib Theatre historical postcards
- $250-$500 - a pack of 5 Little Carib Theatre historical postcards
- $500-$999 - 1 LCT branded tote bag
- $1,000-$4,999 - 1 LCT voucher (towards tickets or two free hours of basic space rental) + 2 vintage postcards + 1 LCT branded tote bag)
- $5,000-$9,999 - 2 LCT vouchers (towards tickets or 4 free hours of space rental), a pack of 5 vintage postcards + 1 LCT branded tote bag)
- $10,000 - a complimentary 8 hour period/session at the LCT w/ basic sound & light OR 8 complimentary tickets, a pack of 5 vintage postcards + 1 LCT branded tote bag